Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I forgot the socks, but remembered the camera!

Getting ready with Daddy in the locker room before hockey practice.

Not real crazy about the ice yet.

Zack loved it when Daddy took him for a fast ride around the rink.

Standing on my own after just one class!

Ahhh, this is the life!

No socks for my kid, but I had the camera (LOL). I guess you know 
what my priorities are. Zack had to skate his first practice without 
socks and he survived. Daddy met us at the rink during his lunch. I 
was glad to have Matt's help. Zack did great. He was very wobbly at first, but by the end of class he had become a lot more steady. The 
coach has the kids skate behind these bars that look like mini 
walkers. The kids lean on the bar for balance and take small steps. Zack really focused on his skating when he found out there were 
suckers in the bucket at the other end of the ice. He was very 
determined to get that sucker and boy did he enjoy it. He did 
awesome and we are really proud of him.

1 comment:

Murdoch said...

Man alive, had they given me suckers when I was a kid, I would definitely be in the show... don't worry Jill, some hockey players prefer to skate without socks.